Sunday, May 20, 2012

Irish Cycling Show '12 // What a weekend it was!



Huh, what a weekend I've had...wow! The first Irish Cycling Show was absolutely brilliant event and I have to say, whoever wasn't there at the RDS this weekend possibly missed out a fun filled two days! I spent 3 days there (1 day to set up and 2 more days when the show was open to the public) on the ThinkBike stand.

Ready for all the visitors! ;)

Of course besides all the work I've been doing I had plenty of chance to look around and find stuff that I'm interested in: Trek, Kona, Rotor, Q-Rings, USN, some sweet Titanium Bikes, Stunt Show and all the nice gear! 

With Stephen Roche
But of course one of the most important thing to me was that one of the biggest, legendery cyclist was present: Stephen Roche who won the Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and the World Championship in 1987. I met him once before (Tour of Ireland, couple of years back) but it was such a nice opportonuty to see him again, chat for a little while and of course get a nice autograph as well that goes to my collection on my wall! I'm truly amazed how nice and friendly personality he has! Wow, what a champion! Was fantastic to meet him once again! :)
 
I met countless friends and cycling buddies over the 2 days and had some great conversations indeed about new bikes, gear and about the show in general.

At this point I'm pretty tired but still buzzing and thinking about how good the weekend was. I'm already looking forward to next year's event, I hope I get to be there too! It would be super cool to see the Cycling Show back in 2013! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment