Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kilmashogue Lane - Special goal for 2012

New year always means new things to achieve on the bike. I just simply like to set goals for myself and work hard to get them done. It always kept me motivated to know there is something to work for and when I can achieve these targets there is my reward: a fantastic feeling and perhaps a nice memory! :) 


I'm a cyclist who loves going uphill, the steeper the better! Based on this I've picked something very special indeed (perhaps many cyclist would use the word crazy instead of special...)  and since the weather is getting better it's time to get the ball rolling. So here it is: I want to climb the Kilmashogue Lane repeatedly as many times as I possibly can. I have done lots of interval sessions on that climb in the last years and the question was always there in the back of my mind: 

"How many times I can get the climb done before I get to the point when I don't go back up again?..."

After I was participating in the National Hillclimb Championship last year I just simply decided to come back in the spring and get this project done. This is not an official record attemp or anything like that, I'm doing this only 'cause I want to experience my own limits on the bike and that's all. 

The route is a 2,3 km long tarmac climb with 217 m elevation gain and some seriously steep sectors in the upper half.

...to get more detailed info in the Kilmashogue climb just click here.
...and here is the detailed data on Strava.

So, I'm very excited about this whole idea and I hope everything will go as I have planned in my head. I'm hoping for good weather and for strong & fresh legs on the day which would be on Saturday, the 7th of April. I hope I can report nothing but good news about my attempt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment