Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let's try some USN goodies! // Mega post on nutrition samples

I just got my hands on a nice selection of product samples from the well known company called USN. They have a massive range of nutritional suppliments and within this range there is a group of cycling specific stuff also. I'm kind of familiar with the USN products, I've used the Vooma gel and I have to say I'm impressed how good it is. So obviously I was happy when I was given a bag of goodies from their range through the shop 'cause I have the chance to try them out during training or racing. Great stuff! :)



I've got a little bit of everything from energy gels, through bars all the way to carbohydrate & recovery protein drinks with bottle and shaker. But let's see them in a little more details!

The first is the Cyto Power HP "which combines both high and intermediate carbohydrates which has been shown to promote exercise performance and tolerance, as well as muscle recovery, during physical exercise. This combination ensures rapid energy conversion, while still promoting stabile blood sugar levels throughout an event. It contains Caffeine and Taurine for that little bit of a mental boost as well. Cytopower HP is the ideal supplement for any athlete, whether the focus is on endurance activities, intermediate team sports or other energy consuming sports."

 The next one is the Recover Xcell which is a nice recovery drink with whey protein. "Recovery is very important after a hard training session or race, the 30 - 45 minute window after training or events is a crucial time during which the body races to a fast recovery." USN's Recover Xcell is precisely formulated as a post training recovery drink, so I'm pretty excited about this particular product since I never really used any recovery suppliment before.




The next one is the VO2 MAX and it is a little more specific I have to say. "This one has been developed to increase oxygen uptake and ventilary breakpoint, enabling the athlete to push harder for a longer period of time. Furthermore, it buffers lactic acid, which forms around the muscles following moderate to intense exercise. Lactic acid hampers performance and is responsible for the soreness and stiffness experienced after physical activity." Now, this is something that I think falls into the "goes a bit too far..." category but I'll give it a shot and see how it works.


The next product is possibly the best gel I ever encountered and it's called Vooma Gel. "It has a great mix of high quality fast and medium release carbs combined with a range of actives that ensure you keep your electrolyte balance, don't suffer from dry mouth. It absolutely works fantastic for me and besides the effectiveness and taste the other lovely idea is the package." Open & close it back any time I want! Isn't it handy?



And the last one to be tested would be the Protein Delite Bar. "It is a convenient meal replacement, nutrition snack. It is designed for active people who demand the benefits of high quality protein and complex carbohydrates for optimum health, muscle recuperation and physical performance. Protein is the structural core of the human body and is at work in every single cell." They do look yummy and I honestly can't wait to try these bad boys! :) 

And I have to admit that I never seen bigger bars in my life...


...I mean it is HUGE! With it's own 96 g of weight it is a Monster Bar! :)

So, this is it, I have a whole bunch of new stuff to try in the upcoming days and weeks. I'm looking forward to test them and see how they work. Based on my previous experience with the gels I'm expecting to have nice results though. I will start to use them tomorrow evening when I hit the Kilmashogue Lane climb to do some interval training. Bring it on! :)

Source of description and more details are on http://www.usnireland.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment